Friday, July 11, 2008

My tools.

OK, here are the two guns that I carry with me on my treks through life.

One is my Taurus Tracker .44mag, or "Tracker" for short. Weighing in at 34.8oz, it is the 3rd lighest .44Mag revolver on the market (that I know of), following the S&W 329PD and the Taurus UltraLite .44mag. I chose this particular handgun since it forms a "matched pair" with its bigger brother, the Puma 92 .44Mag. The stainless steel is really easy to keep up and the porting is a real winner in keeping everything under control. Since bears are not usually seen on my walks through life here in San Diego, I keep .44spl in the speedloaders.

To accompany the Taurus Tracker is a Sourdough holster, speedloader pouch and "Most Versatile" pouch, all from Simply Rugged. For those of you that don't already know, Rob Leahy makes an insanely good holster that you simply cannot beat for the price. I cannot recommend his holsters enough. My next purchase is going to be the harness system so I can tuck my guns in a shoulder holster configuration.










The next gun is my trusty Bulgarian Makarov in 9x18 Makarov, forever dubbed "the Mak". Weighing in at approximately 22oz, this little bit of ComBloc goodness is truly a family favorite. Lightweight, strong and extremely reliable, this pistol will share in my open carry travels when wardrobe and other such factors call this pistol into action.

It is carried in an Open Top holster from Simply Rugged.

To accompany it (and therefore keep in compliance with California laws regarding the concealment of loaded magazines) is a double magazine pouch, also from Simply Rugged.

Pictured below is the holster and setup. Please note that I do not utilize the IWB (inside-the-waistband) configuration while open carrying, but I did order this holster with that ability and took pictures in that configuration for aesthetic purposes. I will post pictures of my holster in OWB (outside the waistband) configuration in short order.












With that, I must depart for bed. It is 4am you know!

Sincerely,

Nathan

No comments: