Monday, July 13, 2009

Story and notices!

Well, I have a few things to impart! Let's get started.

The story du jour happened yesterday when I went sportfishing for a 1/2 day with 6 other guys out of Point Loma for my friend's bachelor party (Thanks CGN for helping me pick a bachelor party idea!) and since I had my fishing permit and my CCW holster, I decided that Mak should go along for the ride. Unfortunately, I am not used to IWB holsters (at least without an undershirt) and the irritation forced me to transfer my pistol to my "possibles bag" after about 30 minutes. The rest of the day, however, my Mak was carried quite comfortably. No sharks were gonna get me that day!

To top off the day, I won the jackpot by catching a Barracuda (GREAT fish tacos!) and nearly everyone in my group got at least one fish. I also schooled the cop in our group on knife laws and he will be owing me a beer at the wedding this Friday (he quoted the old "can only be three inches" rule as being in 12020(a)... ACCESS DENIED!). The rest of the sea bass is sitting in my fridge right now and will be eaten tonight. Next up, spearfishing!

OK, my story (at least the relevant portion, I may discuss the aftermath in person at a later time ;) ) is finito! Now, for future matters!

For all you LA guys out there, it looks like there may be a Long Beach Open Carry Outing coming up in the near future. Please stay tuned here and on Calguns.net as I am helping (at least in a limited capacity) with organizing this meet.

With that, CARRY ON!

-N8

No comments: