Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Home Depot, Ralph's and Trader Joe's followup

I went to Home Depot today to pick up some tomato plants (16 Beefsteak tomatoes!) and I had no issues while OCing. I was there for about 25 minutes and I talked to 4 different employees about finding some Roma or San Marzano tomatoes and they didn't even blink.

I also went to Ralph's to pick up some Rit dye for my Mom. On the way over I left the gun on the front seat and while carrying inside I had no issues. I also asked several employees for assistance there too (hate the detergent sections)

Now, as to Trader Joe's...

I called this morning to get a verdict on the legality of OC and the service rep, Tiffany, told me that the issue of carrying a firearm had never been brought up, there was no policy on the books and they are looking to implement a no guns policy (BIG mistake, considering the amount of carry states they conduct business in.)

Upon hearing that, I sent an email to Mike Stollenwerk with all the pertinent information and asked him to reason with them. I just got an email back from him and here is what he had to say:

I called, they said they now have a policy - managers will ask gun carriers to leave if any customers complain.

Oh well, there store. Pretty easy go policy, so I would let it alone.

Not exactly the best policy but it is far better than what they were considering.

Perhaps if I don't like people with mohawks I can complain and see what the managers do about it...

Crikey.

Anyways, off to tutor a kid in Spanish. He is going to get the "Spanish Hammer" today!

CARRY ON!

-N8


2 comments:

J.R. said...

Mohawks can poke you in the eye. Guns can't by themselves!

The Warrior said...

I am going to complain about hippies in Trader Joe's and see what happens.

Then I might have the store to myself if I succeed....

Spencer