Tuesday, May 19, 2009

More Boring Stuff

Over the last few days I carried in Union Bank, Target, Home Depot, and two or three other places I can't remember. There were of course no issues in any of these places. People just don't care. So far in my whole open carry career, the only out of control reactionary folks I've come across happened to be cops. Just sayin'.

I took yet another lovely blonde thing to the range a couple days ago. Teaching someone how to shoot is a terrific date, second only to flying a hull while catamaran sailing. She seemed to be immune to the standard "gunsrbad" brainwashing and took well to instruction. I've noticed that most women perform well their first time out. I guess it's because they lack the "macho" gene or something.

A funny thing happened though: While cleaning my Glock afterwards, I noticed that it was sprouting what appeared to be the start of legs. It was what I've always feared would happen.

Straight away I clipped off the new appendages and applied a red-hot soldering iron tip to cauterize the resulting wounds. The gun screamed and jerked about, but I had it locked securely in my vise and it couldn't escape the searing heat.

Hopefully the legs won't grow back. All I need is my gun spouting legs and a finger and running amok, pulling it's own trigger. I would hate like hell to have to admit that Sarah Brady and the rest of the hoplophobes were actually correct, so I'll keep a close eye on my piece

In other news, I'm thinking about doing an Open Carry 30-Day Challenge, and carry every day for 30 days straight anywhere where I am not prohibited...and that includes carrying while driving if I'm not gonna be within 1000 feet of a K-12 school. Sounds like a good time, huh?

-elsensei

No comments: